Many worry not enough is being done to persuade EU nurses to stay
The prime minister says there is a ‘fair and serious offer’ on EU citizens’ rights after Brexit, but unions and campaigners say too little is being done to persuade EU nurses to stay or join the NHS
Unions and campaigners say the government is doing too little to entice EU nurses to stay or join the NHS in post-Brexit plans published last week.
Prime minister Theresa May unveiled plans in the House of Commons for EU citizens to be given the right to remain in the UK.
The proposals set out in the 15-page document cover the more than 37,400 nurses – one in 20 of the nurses on the register – trained in the EU and living in the UK.
Under the plans, EU...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests