Flu jab: every nurse’s moral duty, or no one’s business but yours?
Strong views on mandatory staff vaccination show opinion in the profession is polarised
- Nursing Standard survey finds some nurses would rather quit their job than be forced by their employer to have a flu jab
- Others say being vaccinated is the duty of any responsible practitioner
- Find out what nurses on each side of the debate are saying plus some basic facts about flu immunisation
Almost half of nurses who responded to a Nursing Standard survey (46%) revealed they back mandatory flu jabs for healthcare staff.
But as the annual flu vaccination campaigns gear up for winter, more than a third of respondents (36%) oppose the idea of being compelled to have the jab.
The flu vaccine is offered...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring more than 200 topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- RCNi Learning featuring 180 CPD-accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests