The NMC isn’t all about striking people off – there’s so much we can do to support care
New chief executive wants registrants going through FtP processes to be shown kindness
- The nurse regulator has a greater role to play in supporting care improvements, says its new head
- She makes clear distinction between individual culpability and mistakes made under unreasonable work pressures
- The NMC will strive to minimise referrals by empowering employers to handle a greater volume of complaints in-house
For many nurses, the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) is the organisation that takes their registration fee and – should they ever get into serious trouble – removes them from the register. It exists to protect the public. It is a distant and at times punitive presence in the world of nursing.
The NMC’s new chief executive,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests