The mental health conference that felt more like a festival
Student-led conference on mental health nursing incorporated yoga, dance and social media
- Students in Scotland organised a conference on the future of mental health nursing
- The line-up included poetry, music, dance, yoga, mindfulness and speakers with direct experience of mental health issues
- The event was an invaluable experience for the students who helped run it and there were many networking opportunities for the 500-plus attendees
‘Mental health affects everyone, in every walk of life,’ says third-year nursing student Sean Prendergast of Abertay University in Dundee. Mr Prendergast was co-chair of a one-day conference in Scotland on 13 May, focusing on the future of mental...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests