Let’s show the whole world what nurses can do
Nursing Now leader Barbara Stilwell wants nurses to look beyond the demands of the job
Barbara Stilwell knows how to get things done. Her daunting list of achievements include introducing the nurse practitioner role to the UK, developing healthcare systems and health workforces internationally and – her new role – leading the Nursing Now campaign to increase the influence and impact of nurses globally.
I go into our meeting thinking ‘how on earth did she do all that?’ The first clue comes more or less immediately: she radiates positivity.
We meet at the RCN HQ in London; it is the morning after she had a late night out with colleagues, a rare event these days, she tells me. But if she is tired, it doesn’t show....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests