‘It’s time nursing had a marketing campaign – and we can help deliver it’
Council of Deans of Health chair Brian Webster-Henderson says nursing as a whole, not just the hardest-hit specialties, needs support from the NHS Long Term Plan
Brian Webster-Henderson is a man who chooses his words carefully. As chair of the Council of Deans of Health (CoDH), the body that represents UK university faculties engaged in education and research for nurses, midwives and allied health professionals, he wants a seat at the table when the decisions that will shape education and the workforce are being made.
This means he isn’t going to pick a fight with NHS England by rushing to judgement on the much-delayed NHS Long Term Plan. His caution, however, means that when he says something in the plan has ‘shocked’...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests