How can you make your trust the best place to work?
Leaders at two London trusts reveal how they empowered staff to improve practice
- Invite ideas and involve all staff in decisions, not just senior nurses
- Move away from blame and learn from failure
- Set up small projects looking at ways to improve staff fulfilment
Four years ago, Barts Health NHS Trust – one of the largest in the country – was placed in special measures after a Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspection found serious failures in the quality of care at some of the trust’s hospitals.
Chief nursing officer Caroline Alexander joined the trust a year later, in 2016. ‘Staff felt very burnt,’...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests