Digital literacy part 6: The future of e-nursing
The final article in our six-part series on digital literacy considers the changes that e-health technologies are likely to bring to nursing and healthcare in the future
How will the digital revolution change nursing in the future?
While change is undeniable, most agree it’s hard to predict exactly how technologies will impact the future of nursing. Areas most likely to be affected are: record-keeping and information-sharing; the ways in which we communicate with patients, including remote consultations and online support; and treatment, including how we monitor long-term conditions.
To discover more about the views of nursing staff on this issue, the RCN launched an extensive UK-wide consultation on the digital future of nursing, which closed in February.
Nursing staff working in the NHS, social care and the independent sector were asked to share what they thought about technology and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests