As a nurse leader, you don’t have to be a hero
Dame Eileen Sills’ strong and visible leadership style has been hugely influential. Now she is focusing on staff well-being - and admitting her own vulnerability
Back in April, Nursing Standard started working with NHS England on a project to celebrate the NHS’s 70th anniversary in July: we would identify and publish a list of 70 of the most influential nurses in the NHS’s history, from its inception in 1948 to the present day. The shortlisting and judging process, which involved the UK's four chief nursing officers, was not easy; some brilliant nurses didn’t make the list. One who did was Eileen Sills.
As chief nurse at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, Dame Eileen Sills’ style of clinical leadership has had influence nationally. If you work in an...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests