Outstanding opportunities at NHS Blood and Transplant Services
Leadership development programmes for staff at every level are among the attractions at the national service for blood, organ and tissue donation
Being an employer of choice is among the aims of a new nursing strategy, launched by NHS Blood and Transplant Services (NHSBT).
Setting out its vision up to 2020, the strategy includes a newly-formed nursing council, to be established this summer with eight nurses and a chairperson. The council will oversee progress towards the goals. 'Nurses are at the centre, developing and driving the work plan,' says one of NHSBT's three chief nurses, Catherine Howell, who leads on diagnostic and therapeutic services.
Employing about 700 whole time equivalent nurses in the UK, the organisation offers a broad range of different roles. Alongside blood donation and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests