Nurses on TV: what we learned from letting the cameras in
Surgical and trauma nurses on the benefits of being on screen, and a paramedic explains his role caring for casts and crews – plus how you could get on set too
Theatre nurses mostly never know what happens to patients post-surgery, but taking part in a TV programme gave Tina Kitcher the rare opportunity to meet patients and find out.
‘It was amazing getting to meet patients after their treatment and see how they’re doing now,’ says Ms Kitcher, who is a practice educator in theatres and recovery at the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust in London.
‘I usually just see a tiny part of
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests