From healthcare assistant to chief executive: what I’ve learned
How I’ve developed my own leadership style based on good and bad experiences in my career, after starting out in a caring role and progressing to trust management
How Jane Padmore developed her own leadership style based on good and bad experiences in her career, after starting out in a caring role and progressing to trust management
Becoming chief executive of a healthcare organisation was never on Jane Padmore’s agenda.
‘I hadn’t even planned to be a chief nurse,’ says Dr Padmore, who was appointed to the top job at Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust in January 2022.
Speaking out for people to improve quality
But her constant desire to shape improvements has driven her forwards. ‘Every time I’ve been in a
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Already registered or subscribed? Log in