Expedition medicine opportunities: here’s what you need to know
If you would love to combine work, travel and adventure – and you can take the responsibility – the job of expedition medic could be for you
Do you love travelling and adventure? If so, becoming an expedition medic could be the perfect role for you. It allows nurses to combine their clinical skills with the opportunity to see the world and take part in new adventures and pursuits.
What is expedition medicine?Picture: iStock
Expedition medicine covers a broad range of scenarios for providing healthcare in remote and difficult environments. Also known as wilderness medicine, it can involve trips to jungles, deserts and mountain ranges, as well as diving, trekking and sporting activities.
Expeditions involve accompanying different groups
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests