Choosing the right time to change jobs
How do you know when the time has come to break with what you know and take on the challenge of a new job?
Identifying the best moment to move to a new job can be tricky. ‘For me, it is a gut feeling,’ says Teresa Chinn, a nurse and social media specialist.
‘It happens when I feel there is something more that I need and that the employer or the role isn’t giving me what I need to grow.’
Ms Chinn felt that her work as an agency nurse was not as fulfilling as it could have been. She started getting involved with social media, which has led her career in an exciting new direction with the...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests