‘Remember why you came into nursing and what difference you make’
Chief nurse and director of quality Allison Cannon explains what inspires her
What is your job?
I am the chief nurse and director of quality for eight clinical commissioning groups in east Surrey and Sussex, responsible for ensuring the quality of services being commissioned.
I work with many stakeholders and partners across the system to ensure patients receive high-quality services and outcomes.
My role also covers safeguarding children, adults and looked-after children.
What are your main responsibilities?
My role is to offer strategic nurse leadership across the system. I work with multiple providers, ensuring that we always keep what matters to our patients at the forefront of the decisions we make.
I am responsible for ensuring that there are clear programmes in place that improve the services for our patients and local populations.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests