Testing the process of revalidation
Ahead of revalidation, Eileen Sills put herself through the process and emerged with new enthusiasm.Abstract
As chief nurse of a trust that had signed up as a pilot site for nurse revalidation, I had to complete my appraisal and revalidation before anyone else at the trust so that I could test the process, talk about it with confidence and be a role model.
This was the task I set myself in January. The guidance and templates were yet to be released by the Nursing and Midwifery Council, so I had to take the principles of revalidation and create a process that would enable me to complete it successfully.
First published in Nursing Standard:...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests