Registrants’ guide to revalidation
Beverley Marriott explains why nurses and midwives should not feel too anxious about renewing their registration and offers them some tips for completing the process.Abstract
As one of the first cohort of nurses required to complete the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s (NMC) new revalidation process this month, I initially felt daunted by the prospect. Questions raced through my mind: ‘What evidence will I need? What challenges will it bring? How long will it take? Will I get it right?’
There is no shortage of literature on revalidation, and emails about the process have been arriving regularly in my work and personal accounts.
I have also received letters from my trust about the new revalidation model, and it has been all over social media. This has emphasised its importance but intensified the pressure to get it right.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests