Maternity leave: case study
Profile: Grace is a nurse working in an NHS Trust. She is due to go on maternity leave but has completed more than 1,000 hours of practice so far in this revalidation period. Grace intends to return to work but fears she may not be able to without attending a ‘return to practice’ or similar course.
Grace wants to know:
Can I get confirmation while I’m away? Will I be expected to attend appraisals during my maternity leave?
Grace should be able to be confirmed while on maternity leave. She is still employed by the NHS and the confirmer could be the person who did her last appraisal. If she already knows about the requirement of confirmation before she goes on maternity leave, she could get confirmation early.
How can I get feedback while I am on maternity leave?
Grace should have been receiving...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests