Agency nurse: case study
Profile: Chris has been working as an agency nurse for the past three years and has not had any long term contracts, instead choosing to move between different organisations. As a result Chris has not had an appraisal and has no close ties to any one work place. Chris also doesn’t get his training paid for.
Chris wants to know:
Who do I go to for ‘confirmation’?
Chris could get confirmation from either the person who currently line manages him and a current colleague (depending if the line manager is a registered nurse or midwife). He could also get confirmation from his agency manager and a registered colleague.
He could potentially get confirmation from the people he uses for professional references.
How do I prove my hours of practice?
Chris should keep a log of the hours he has worked for each employer,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests