Afraid of revalidation? Let us put you at ease
Alison Moore seeks to offer reassurance to nurses working for GPs, agencies, care homes and prisons.Abstract
Nurses outside the larger trusts may have worries about revalidation, such as who to have the reflective discussion with and how they will fulfil the CPD requirements. Evidence from the pilots suggests that these challenges can be overcome surprisingly easily.
Revalidation presents a challenge to all nurses, but those who work in settings that are isolated professionally or geographically have raised particular concerns.
Such nurses are less likely to have access to the same level of support available to staff in most larger NHS organisations.
The good news is that many who have started the process of revalidation have found it easier than they expected.
‘I’m hearing some positive things from people. Once they start the process they have found it a lot less difficult than they thought,’...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests