A CPD article improved Irene Gilsenan’s knowledge of service evaluation and its importance for nursing practice
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article outlined how nurses could undertake service evaluation projects to examine issues in clinical practice. It explained how service evaluations differ from clinical audits and research activities, and discussed the elements of effective practice when undertaking such projects.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
Service evaluations are an essential part of healthcare that can be undertaken by nurses and other members of staff. They can support nurses to examine what they are doing and how they are doing it, and to plan future service improvements.
I learned that evaluation is part of the cycle...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests