Reading a CPD article improved Linda Thorley’s understanding of how to fulfil the requirements of the NMC revalidation process.
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article discussed the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) revalidation process, which replaced the post-registration education and practice requirements in April 2016. It stated that nurses and midwives must undertake revalidation every three years to renew their NMC registration.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article outlined the requirements for re-registering with the NMC. Nurses must provide evidence that over a three-year period they have completed 450 practice hours; undertaken 35 hours of continuing professional development (CPD) activity, of which 20...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests