Reporting poor care
A CPD article improved Anita Skinner’s understanding of nurses’ responsibilities in raising concerns and reporting poor care
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article focused on the importance of raising concerns and reporting poor care.
It outlined the responsibilities of nurses who witness poor care in their practice, and the procedures they should follow to report it.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article distinguished between errors and poor care, stating that errors are the unintended outcome of genuine mistakes, while poor care involves acts of neglect, abuse or incompetence.
I learned that possible reasons for the occurrence of poor care include low staffing levels, low staff morale and increasing demands being placed on...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests