A CPD article improved Rose Gallacher’s knowledge of the importance of reflection in nursing practice
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article defined reflection, and demonstrated how it can be used to support nurses’ revalidation with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. It also explained various models of reflection that nurses can use in their practice.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
I learned that reflection is a purposeful process that can be used to analyse the success or failure of an event, and can inform nurses’ future practice.
The article emphasised that it is important for nurses to reflect on their practice daily, and suggested using...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests