A CPD article improved Clare Rogers’ understanding of the importance of reflection in nursing
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
Reflection is an essential component of nursing that can enhance learning, support professional development and improve practice. The article defined reflective practice, outlined the various reflective models that nurses can use, and discussed the importance of self-awareness and critical thinking in reflection.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
Reflection involves questioning and making sense of practice, with the aim of evaluating and improving care.
I learned that reflection has three components: reflection before action, reflection in action and reflection on action. The article suggested that although many nurses will be familiar with reflecting on action, they will...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests