Promoting healthy sleep
A CPD article improved Amanda Cant’s knowledge of the importance of healthy sleep and its effects
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article discussed the stages of sleep, the factors that may influence quality of sleep, and the effects of suboptimal sleep on patients and nurses.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article emphasised that sleep is restorative of physiological functioning and mental health. Therefore, it is essential for nurses to be aware of the benefits of sleep and the effects suboptimal sleep may have on patients, as well as on nurses’ health and well-being.
A range of environmental factors may influence the quality of sleep, such as noise, bright lights, and heat. Therefore,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests