A CPD article improved Pamela Madlakama’s understanding of the prevention of these skin and tissue injuries in frail older people
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article discussed how the incidence and severity of preventable pressure ulcers can be used as an indicator of quality of care. It established that nurses have an essential role in managing and preventing pressure ulcers in frail older people and emphasised the importance of patient education and teamwork.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article explained that, as an individual ages, their epidermal cells become thinner, the sensitivity of their immune system is reduced, and sebum secretion decreases. As a result, frail older people are at increased risk of developing...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests