Pressure ulcer prevention
A CPD article improved Malgorzata Zdzioch’s knowledge of how to prevent pressure ulcers in frail older people
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The CPD article discussed the importance of preventing pressure ulcers in frail older people. It outlined the risk factors, classification and effects of pressure ulcers, and the methods used to prevent their development.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
A pressure ulcer is a localised injury to the skin or underlying tissue as a result of pressure or pressure in combination with shearing force. Pressure ulcers remain prevalent in all healthcare settings, despite increased prevention awareness.
The article stated that older people are...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests