A CPD article improved Irene Gilsenan’s knowledge of how mindfulness can assist nurses in providing compassionate care
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article examined the use of mindfulness techniques and how by learning to care for themselves, nurses can enhance the care they provide for patients. The concept of mindfulness has had widespread publicity, from meditation courses to adult colouring books, but I wanted to learn how mindfulness can be applied to nursing.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
It was interesting to read about the evidence for mindfulness in nursing. While large-scale randomised controlled trials may not be undertaken in this area, it was nevertheless informative to read about projects that have used mindfulness to...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests