A CPD article improved Jane Lynch’s knowledge of the role of patient education in postoperative pain management
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article discussed the role of patient education in postoperative pain management. It stated that up to half of patients who have undergone surgery experience chronic pain after the operation, which can result in delayed discharge and hospital readmissions.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article emphasised that patient education supports postoperative recovery, and that involving patients in decision-making can improve pain-related outcomes.
I learned that the use of pain assessment tools can support communication between nurses and patients, and that information on pain management should be tailored to the individual. The article...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests