A CPD article improved Georgina O’Reilly-Foley’s understanding of developing rapport and trust between nurses and patients
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The CPD article outlined how nurses can establish, maintain and bring therapeutic relationships to a close with patients. It described the therapeutic relationship as a partnership based on communication, honesty and respect.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article emphasised the importance of person-centred care in providing effective treatment and support that meets patients’ needs, and explained that it is essential for nurses to develop therapeutic relationships with patients to provide such care.
I learned that ‘rapport’ is defined as the ability to establish and sustain a working partnership, and that this is crucial...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests