Overview of diabetes
A CPD article improved Rosalind Ponomarenko-Jones’s knowledge of the pathophysiology, symptoms and diagnosis of diabetes
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article provided an overview of diabetes, including its classification, the pathophysiology of type 1 and type 2 diabetes, predisposing factors and symptoms of the condition.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
From reading the article, I learned that the number of people with diabetes has risen rapidly worldwide and this trend is projected to continue. The rise is related to the wider availability of processed, high-energy foods and a reduction in physical activity. This has led to higher levels of obesity, which is associated with type 2 diabetes.
The article stated that in the...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests