Obesity and diabetes
A CPD article improved Rose Gallacher’s knowledge of the role of obesity in the onset of type 2 diabetes mellitus
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article discussed the factors that increase a person’s risk of developing type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly obesity. It also outlined the lifestyle changes that can reduce a person’s risk of diabetes.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
I was interested to learn that 3.3 million people in the UK are estimated to have diabetes and that this figure is expected to rise. Diabetes is associated with significant costs for healthcare organisations, with £13.8 billion spent on its treatment each year in...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests