A CPD article improved Georgina O’Reilly-Foley’s knowledge of developing effective therapeutic relationships with patients
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article emphasised the importance of nurses establishing effective therapeutic relationships with patients, and provided information about how these relationships can be maintained.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
As a newly qualified nurse, I often feel under pressure to complete all my nursing tasks on time, such as undertaking patient observations, administering medicines and assessing patients’ skin integrity. Reading the article reminded me of the importance of interacting with patients and developing therapeutic relationships with them, which can benefit patients’ well-being and the healthcare system.
Before reading the article, I was unaware of the Fundamentals of...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests