A CPD article improved Bing Raz’s knowledge of the identification and treatment of neutropenic sepsis
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article discussed the prevention, identification and treatment of neutropenic sepsis, which is a potentially life-threatening complication of chemotherapy. Neutropenic sepsis is considered a medical emergency that requires immediate assessment and treatment.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article enhanced my understanding of how to identify patients at risk of developing neutropenic sepsis.
Neutropenia is a common side effect of anticancer therapy and results in a lowered neutrophil count, which means the body’s ability to fight infection is reduced. Therefore, patients who are neutropenic and have an infection are at increased risk of developing...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests