A CPD article improved Naomi Forsyth’s knowledge of the identification and management of neutropenic sepsis
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The CPD article discussed the symptoms, treatment and prevention of neutropenic sepsis, which is a potentially life-threatening complication of chemotherapy.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article stated that the incidence of neutropenic sepsis has increased, and that all nurses who encounter patients with cancer should be able to recognise neutropenic sepsis and initiate urgent assessment and treatment.
I learned that patients with neutropenic sepsis may present with few, if any, symptoms. Some patients do not present with the usual symptoms of infection, such as elevated...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests