A CPD article improved Rose Gallacher’s understanding of mindfulness and self-compassion and how they can enhance compassionate care
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article explored how mindfulness and self-compassion can enhance nurses’ ability to provide compassionate care. It emphasised that nurses should be aware of the relationship between caring for others and caring for themselves to enable them to support patients effectively.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
Reading the article improved my understanding of mindfulness, self-compassion and compassionate care.
The article defined mindfulness as a non-judgemental awareness of the present moment, and suggested that it can instil a sense of inner peace, calmness and mental space. I learned that engaging in mindfulness can also...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests