A CPD article improved Bing Raz’s knowledge of how to manage resources and reduce waste in healthcare settings
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article provided information about managing resources and reducing waste in healthcare settings. It has been reported that healthcare organisations in the UK are under significant financial pressure. Therefore, it is important consider ways to reduce costs and waste.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
Waste from healthcare occurs in every aspect of nursing practice. The article outlined six categories of waste: overuse of medicines, diagnostics, interventions, procedures and treatments; administrative inefficiency in organisational processes, patient-related processes and financial procedures; variable, unnecessary or uncoordinated care; fraud; preventable conditions; and avoidable complications.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests