A CPD article improved Abby Morrow-Barnes’s knowledge of the nursing care and treatment of patients with encephalitis
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article discussed the causes, symptoms, assessments and treatment of encephalitis, which is inflammation of the brain tissue (parenchyma).
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article stated the two main causes of encephalitis are direct infection of the brain parenchyma by various pathogens and inflammation triggered by an abnormal response of the patient’s immune system that often occurs after a mild, non-specific infection. The most commonly identified infectious cause of encephalitis is herpes simplex virus.
I learned the brain becomes inflamed and swollen...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests