A CPD article improved Bernadette Parsons’ understanding of the legal standard of care required by nurses
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article focused on the legal standard of care required in relation to nursing practice and professional standards. It examined how courts in the UK determine if nurses have met their duty of care and what nurses must do to ensure they maintain competence to provide safe care.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article discussed the legal responsibilities of nurses. I learned that to bring a successful claim of negligence in law it is necessary to prove that the patient was owed a duty of care by the defendant (doctor, nurse or hospital),...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests