Implantable cardioverter defibrillators
A CPD article improved Helen Ballantyne’s understanding of the effects of implantable cardioverter defibrillators on patients’ quality of life
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article discussed the factors associated with health-related quality of life in patients with an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD). In my practice, I discuss ICDs regularly with patients who have these devices and with those who may require them imminently. The article provided information that will enable me to ensure these discussions are person-centred.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
I learned that how patients view their ICD may differ, depending on their clinical history. Patients who have experienced a cardiac arrest often perceive their ICD to be a life-saving device and are...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests