Identifying learning styles
A CPD article improved Grace Hughes’s knowledge of how to identify different learning styles
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article explored different learning styles and outlined some of the models that can be used to identify them. It discussed the limitations of these models, indicating that although they can be helpful in identifying a student’s preferred learning style, this is not ‘fixed’ and might change over time. Learning is also influenced by other factors, such as culture and age.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
From reading this article, I have learned that effective teaching involves delivering information in a variety of ways....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests