HIV testing and diagnosis
A CPD article enhanced Georgina O’Reilly-Foley’s understanding of testing for, and early diagnosis of, human immunodeficiency virus
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article discussed the importance of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) testing. It outlined the testing policy for HIV, what nurses need to know about HIV testing, and the stigma and discrimination people with the condition might experience.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice? I learned that the average life expectancy of people with HIV has increased significantly over the past few decades, and it is now considered a long-term condition with a near-to-normal life expectancy.
I am aware that early diagnosis of HIV is crucial to protect the immune system and to enable the timely...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests