Heart failure: part 2
A CPD article improved Anita Skinner’s knowledge of the treatment and management of chronic heart failure
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article was the second of a two-part series on chronic heart failure. It discussed the treatment and management of patients with chronic heart failure, emphasising the importance of improving their quality of life by reducing symptoms and supporting them to self-manage their condition.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
I learned that patients with chronic heart failure may experience multiple debilitating symptoms, including breathlessness, fatigue, pain and peripheral oedema, which can significantly affect their physical and psychological well-being.
The article outlined the medicines used to manage the condition, including angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, beta blockers,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests