Heart failure: part 1
A CPD article improved Anita Skinner’s knowledge of the pathophysiology, signs and symptoms of chronic heart failure
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article was the first of a two-part series on chronic heart failure. It examined the physiology of the heart, the causes and types of chronic heart failure, and its signs and symptoms.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
Chronic heart failure is a common clinical syndrome that results from impaired cardiac relaxation or contraction following a loss of myocardial cells through injury. I learned that chronic heart failure can occur in all age groups; however, it is more common in older people.
From reading the article, I learned that the prevalence of chronic...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests