A CPD article improved Rose Gallacher’s knowledge of the importance and benefits of sleep
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article provided information about the process and purpose of sleep, and examined the ways in which factors that promote wakefulness and sleep combine to establish a normal circadian rhythm.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article discussed several theories relating to the function of sleep. I learned that sleep is considered beneficial for cellular repair and regeneration, energy conservation, and processing experiences and thoughts in such a way that they can be used in future.
Sustained sleep deficit is usually defined as consistently achieving less than six hours sleep per night, and is associated with...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests