A CPD article improved Helen Ballantyne’s knowledge of nursing issues in relation to globalisation and global health
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article defined the terms globalisation and global health, and discussed the ways in which increased globalisation is affecting healthcare, in particular nursing.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article defined globalisation as the increasing economic and social interdependence of countries. It includes the opening of international borders to an increasingly fast flow of goods, services and people.
Increasing globalisation has led to the development of global health, the term for health issues that are no longer contained geographically and cannot be managed by one country on its own.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests