Falls risk assessment
A CPD article improved Bethany Johnson’s knowledge of falls risk assessments for older people
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article discussed falls risk assessment for older inpatients. It outlined the physical and psychological factors that nurses should consider when undertaking these assessments, and detailed the effects that older people may experience as a result of a fall.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article improved my knowledge of falls risk screening tools and assessments, and the importance of completing falls risk assessments for older inpatients, both on admission and regularly during their hospital stay.
I learned that the aim of falls risk screening tools is to enable healthcare practitioners to identify patients at...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests