Falls risk assessment
A CPD article improved Rose Gallacher’s knowledge of falls risk assessment tools for older patients
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The CPD article outlined the causes and consequences of falls for older patients. It discussed the falls risk assessment tools, and falls prevention measures.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article defined a fall as an event that results in a person coming to rest inadvertently on the ground or floor or other lower level.
I have learned that falls are the most common adverse events to occur in hospital, and that patients aged over 65 years are at higher risk of a fall. Falls...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests