End of life care
A CPD article improved Naomi Forsyth’s knowledge of nausea and vomiting in patients with advanced cancer
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article explained how to conduct a systematic assessment of patients with nausea and vomiting who have cancer and are at the end of life. It also discussed the available treatment options for these patients, such as antiemetic drugs.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
There is no gold standard diagnostic test for nausea and vomiting, so patient assessment is crucial, and should include patient history, physical assessment and clinical investigations. Nausea and vomiting should be assessed individually to identify the underlying cause, for example infection, side effects from medicines or pain.
In patients experiencing...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests